AGEC was engaged by Farrans Construction Ltd working on behalf of RWE Innogy, to carry out the civil design of permanent and temporary works at the Grudie Hydro Scheme in north-west Scotland.
The project covers the construction of 1.85km of access road, 1.8km of 1200mm GRP penstock pipeline, a reinforced concrete structure intake, reinforced concrete powerhouse and building services, outfall and a permanent access track with associated drainage.
The value of the project is £4.9 million.
AGEC was responsible for the following aspects of the project:
- Ground profile interpretation
- Alignment design of access track
- Design of access road make-up
- Mass balance earthwork calculations
- Review of reusability of material on site
- Design of access track drainage system
- Design of temporary river diversions
- Compilation of specifications and construction drawings for various elements of the civil works
- Site inspections