The Curragh Mountain Wind Farm construction works were carried out as part of a design and build contract awarded to SIAC Construction Ltd.
AGEC was engaged as geotechnical designers on the project the and the following was undertaken:
- Assessment of floating road construction.
- Assessment of suitability with respect to proposed development
- Inspection of ground conditions and a bearing capacity check for turbine bases
- Peat management plan and monitoring programme with particular reference to peat stability for the construction phase
- Numerous site inspections covering borrow areas, site drainage with respect to impact on ground conditions, access roads, substation compound and post construction site inspection